Grandma’s crostata with agrumi del Gargano
Makes 4 Servings
3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cups butter
3⁄4 cup sugar
1/2 packet (1 tablespoon) of yeast, preferably lievito ‘pane degli angeli’
1 teaspoon of grated lemon zest
1 cup marmalade of agrumi del gargano
● Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
● Pass the flour through a sieve and place in a container.
● Add butter (cut into cubes).
● Knead for a few min- utes, until the butter has completely melted.
● Add the eggs, sugar, yeast and grated lemon zest.
● Knead the dough for another few minutes, until the dough is evenly blended.
● Spread the dough out on an oven pan, setting aside a little bit for the crust.
●Fill with marmalade
● Cut strips and lay on top for decoration, then place in the oven. Bake for about 40 minutes, then serve at room temperature.